Speech tournament takes over LHS: Early dismissal Friday

Alex Rotert (10) and Meissa Hassan (10) practice for a speech tournament. Photo courtesy of Lincoln High Speech Team Instagram

By  Clementine Ewomsan

You have the Capital City Classic Speech Tournament to thank for your extra PLC schedule day this Friday, December 7th.

There will be over 300 Students from 20 different schools participating in the tournament which will begin at 2:05 p.m. right after school gets out.

Students from across the state will compete in events ranging from written persuasive speeches to on-the-spot Impromptu speeches, and acting-style scripted presentations,” Speech coach Jessica Brauer said.

The LHS Speech Team will also compete. The tournament is available for anyone who wants to watch including students.

“We could also use some extra student volunteers if anyone would like to help out,” Brauer said. Interested students can contact her at: jbrauer@lps.org.

Many rooms will be filled with students in professional dress clothes performing in front of their judges. Don’t forget to wish them luck when you see their fancy gear in the hallways.

LHS will follow a PLC schedule on Friday, Dec. 7, 2018 due to LHS’ hosting of the Capital City Classic Speech Tournament.