LinksLive! The LHS News Broadcast 11/1/19

Friday, November 1, 2019

Good morning Lincoln High! Welcome to LINKS LIVE! The Lincoln High Morning News Show!

I’m Liam Ducey, and I’m Mikil Foss

Today in the Counseling Center, the Army National Guard will be here during 3rd pd, and Grinnell College will be here 4th.  Please get a pass from your teacher before heading to see the reps in the Counseling Center.

And now here’s a message from the IB program.

Lincoln High, we wanted to let you know that THIS SATURDAY Lincoln High is hosting IB Academy Day! It’s a fun-filled Saturday morning that middle schoolers come to our school (often with their parents) to find out if the IB Programme is the right fit. It’s a great way for middle school students to find out how great our school is and a chance for a great impression. If you know any middle schoolers who you think may be interested in this fun community of people, let them know to come this Saturday at 730 am to learn more about this great program–Go Links !

Attention Lincoln High Students- anyone interested in participating on Lincoln High Swimming and Diving Team should attend a short informational meeting on Tuesday, November 5th, at 2:15, in the Lincoln High Swimming Pool. This will be a very brief meeting concerning those steps to be eligible to participate. If swimming and diving are of interest to you, please attend.

There will be a meeting Monday, November 4th at 3:15 pm in SOUTH GYM for all boys grades 9-12 interested in trying out for basketball—BE ON TIME!  Coach Noble

And now, here’s a message from Students Against Gun Violence 

Native American students, if you are going on the UNL Symposium trip on Nov. 14th, please turn in your permission slips to the Counseling Center or to Mr. Keller in Room 308 by Tuesday, Nov. 5th. 

“Save the date! Lincoln High’s annual Make-A-Wish fundraiser, Hoops 4 Hope is Friday, November 15th at 7 pm in Johnson Gym. Admission is only $5. Hoops 4 Hope is an event where Lincoln High’s teachers and staff face off in a basketball game to raise funds to grant life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Be a hero and make a difference, and of course, go have fun! Teachers and staff, it’s not too late to participate…the link to the form is Y2GU. Thank you and we hope to see everyone there!”

Help spread the word!!  This Saturday from 8 to 11 a.m., FBLA, HOSA & Educators Rising members will be at the Super Saver on 27th & Cornhusker Hwy. collecting food donations and other needed items for the People’s City Mission. Come say Hi and help us to feed the homeless and impoverished citizens of Lincoln.

Here’s another fantastic announcement from Fellowship of Christian Athletes! If you haven’t attended an FCA Morning Meeting yet, you’ll have another chance next Tuesday, in Mr. Droud’s room.  If you have attended and are considering going to Weekend of Champions, remember, the special deadline is Tuesday, November 5th. More information to come on Monday’s announcements.

Today’s After school Opportunities:

– Life After High School meeting in 100L

– Homework Zone in the Media Center

(Jenna signs “Hi, My name is Jenna”)

Do you want to learn this unique language? 

Come learn American Sign Language (ASL) each week after school and immerse yourself in a new learning community! 

During our first meeting we will begin to learn how to sign the alphabet. We will test your knowledge at the end of our time.

This group will meet in room 100M TUESDAYS starting November 5th! 

Can’t wait to see you there!

If you have questions please email Jenna Fuller at 222076@class.lps.org”

Collective Impact Lincoln is hosting a Youth Community Builder Workshop! The workshop will focus on identifying community assets, organizing for change, and how to make your dream project a reality.

Join us on Sunday, November 24 from 12:00-3:00pm at The Bay (2005 Y Street) with lunch provided. Please register for the workshop here: http://bit.ly/youthcbw

We hope you will join us for the afternoon to connect with your peers and create positive change in your community!

Reach out to Chelsea Egenberger in the Family Resource Center if you have further questions.

And on the Lunch Menu today, we have: 

Breaded Chicken Sandwich, Personal 3 meat pizza, Baja Chicken Cheese and Rice Burrito, or aChef Salad

MEATLESS ENTRÉES INCLUDE

Cheese Omelet on a English Muffin, Chick’n Sandwich, or a Meatless Chef Salad with a Roll

Be sure to wish Ms. Carlson a happy birthday today!

That’s all for today. Remember that you can see all past episodes of our show on The Advocate Online website at LHSAdvocate.com

Thanks for watching our broadcast, and we’ll see you again next time  on… LinksLive!