LinksLive! The LHS News Broadcast 12/6/19

Friday, December 6, 2019

Good morning Lincoln High! Welcome to LINKS LIVE! The Lincoln High Morning News Show!

I’m Avalena Baird and I’m Delani Young

It’s Music Friday today. The office will be playing a variety of music during passing periods. If you figure out the THEME for the day, you could win a prize! Fill out the Google form to submit your guess.
Jump Code: OMY7

Don’t miss your chance to see the LHS One Act Public Performance of Second Samuel TONIGHT in the Ted Sorensen Theatre at 7 p.m. Tickets are only $5. The cast and crew will be on their way to state next Friday to represent Lincoln High. Come on out tonight and show your support.

Also, come support the Indian Center TONIGHT by enjoying Indian Tacos!
Indian Taco sales are happening from 4-8pm at the Indian Center located at 1100 Military Rd. Don’t miss out.

Girls interested in soccer–There will be a short meeting after school TODAY in Coach Fargo’s room. S331. The meeting should only take 5-10 minutes. Players can also join the soccer classroom. The classroom code is cjgiwf2

Any Boys interested in playing 2nd session indoor soccer need to talk to Coach Cerny in Room 113 ASAP. Money is due by the Monday of Finals week. Hurry, we only have a few spots left!

After school workouts are available now through December 12th. These workouts are for any student athlete not in a Winter sport and any Lincoln High student interested in working out. Workouts are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays throughout the week. Meet by the weight room after school at 3:15 and we will begin by 3:30. We will be off for finals and then pick back up when we return from Winter break. If you have questions talk to Coach Beckmann.

And now here’s an announcement from Student Council: 

Juliana: I’m Juliana Quattrocchi on behalf of your friendly neighborhood Student Council
Grace: and I’m Grace Pelan from Key Club. Juliana, do you have plans for Saturday?
Juliana: I do! I’m going to Student Council and Key Club’s Winter Informal. Tickets are just five dollars or three if you bring non perishable food to donate, but make sure you bring your ID!
Grace: That sounds great!
Juliana: The dance starts at 7 and ends at 10.
Grace and Juliana: We’ll see you there. Happy kindness week!

Hi, I’m Maz Banzhoff, and I’m with the Stand In for Lincoln Youth Chapter
On Monday, December 9th, Stand In for Lincoln Youth Chapter will be hosting a ‘Labor of Love Fundraiser’ event in support of the Yazidi Cultural Center. All are invited on Monday to attend our fundraiser in the cafeteria anytime from 3:15-6:00 pm. We will be selling brand new items including: paintings, photography, stationary, SIFL Shirts, Lincoln High swag, and other groovy items for you to buy for yourself or for that special someone in your life. Thinking of gift ideas? Stop by our Fundraiser! Plus, your contributions go to support our youth and the Yazidi Cultural Center! If you need anymore enticement, students will be selling baklava for you to savor as you shop. And we will have live performances!

Here’s another fantastic announcement from Fellowship of Christian Athletes! If you haven’t attended an FCA Morning Meeting yet, you’ll have another chance next Tuesday, in Mr. Droud’s room. Oh, and today’s movie quote is: “I COULDN’T SING OFF-KEY IF I TRIED. I AM EXACTLY THE PERSON I WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO BE. I’M NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING.” The first person to email Mr. Droud with the correct movie title will win a “fabulous” prize, so get those emails going!

And now here’s a message from Healthy Lifestyles.
Did you know that 50% of sexually active persons will contract an STI by age 25. But this doesn’t have to be true. Learn how you can be safe by coming down TODAY to Room 100M, right after school where Healthy Lifestyles is hosting Nebraska AIDS Project. Nebraska AIDS Project fights the spread of all STIs, especially HIV. Hope to see you there.

“Today’s After school Opportunities:
– Life After High School meeting in 100L
– Homework Zone in the Media Center
– Healthy Lifestyles hosting Nebraska Aids Project 100M

And on the lunch menu today, we have,

Corn Puppies, Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Fish & Cheese Sandwich, or a Chef Salad

MEATLESS ENTRÉE
Bean Burrito, Meatless Chef Salad, and a Roll

That’s all for today. Remember that you can see all past episodes of our show on The Advocate Online website at LHSAdvocate.com and a list of all jump codes through the master jump code YZYR.

Thanks for watching our broadcast, and we’ll see you again next time on… LinksLive!

LinksLive!
Season 1: Episode 74
December 6, 2019

Produced as part of Lincoln High Broadcast Journalism Class

Anchor: Avalena Baird Delani Young

Camera Operator/Lights/Audio: Evan Schomer

Teleprompter/Studio Setup: Evan Schomer, Liam Ducey, and Rodrigo Muñoz

Post-Production: Alex Martin

Adviser: Greg Keller ft. Liam Ducey
Gregory Keller

Lincoln High School
2229 J St
Lincoln, NE 68516
(402) 436-1301
lhs.lps.org