The Latest
Informing the Lincoln High community since 1895

The Advocate

The Advocate

The Advocate

Oscar-nominated documentary to show at LHS tonight

Lincoln business community leader Dau Nguyen (left) and his former commanding officer Kiem Do embrace upon meeting again 40 years after the last time they spoke during the fall of Saigon in Vietnam. Do will speak as part of a panel after the showing of the Oscar-nominated documentary, Last Days in Vietnam in the Ted Sorensen Theatre at Lincoln High School on Thursday, March 26, at 6:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Photo courtesy of Dr. Randy Ernst
Lincoln business community leader Dau Nguyen (left) and his former commanding officer Kiem Do embrace upon meeting again 40 years after the last time they spoke during the fall of Saigon in Vietnam. Do will speak as part of a panel after the showing of the Oscar-nominated documentary, “Last Days in Vietnam” in the Ted Sorensen Theatre at Lincoln High School on Thursday, March 26, at 6:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Photo courtesy of Dr. Randy Ernst
Lincoln business community leader Dau Nguyen and his former commanding officer Kiem Do embrace upon meeting again 40 years after the last time they spoke during the fall of Saigon in Vietnam. Do will speak as part of a panel after the showing of the Oscar-nominated documentary, "Last Days in Vietnam" in the Ted Sorensen Theatre at Lincoln High School on Thursday, March 26, at 6:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Photo courtesy of Dr. Randy Ernst
Lincoln business community leader Dau Nguyen (left)  and his former commanding officer Kiem Do embrace upon meeting again 40 years after the last time they spoke during the fall of Saigon in Vietnam. Do will speak as part of a panel after the showing of the Oscar-nominated documentary, “Last Days in Vietnam” in the Ted Sorensen Theatre at Lincoln High School on Thursday, March 26, at 6:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Photo courtesy of Dr. Randy Ernst

Lincoln High will host a historic screening of the Oscar-nominated documentary Last Days in Vietnam this evening at 6:30 p.m. in the Ted Sorensen Theatre.

An all-star panel, which includes two men featured in the documentary – U.S Navy commander Hugh Doyle and the Vietnamese captain in charge of combat operations Kiem Do – will address the audience and field questions after the 30-minute screening.  The two were were flown to Lincoln by PBS for the event.

Dau Nguyen, head of the Lincoln Vietnamese business community, was an officer in Saigon under Do during the last days of the Vietnam War. The two saw each other again for the first time since then last night at a dinner. Nguyen will attend the screening tonight as well.

Lincoln High is located at 2229 J Street in Lincoln, Nebraska. Admission is free.