The Advocate

LHS hosts annual Theatre-A-Thon fundraiser this week

Actors in the fall play, M*A*S*H*, rehearse.  Photo by Audrey Perry.

Actors in the fall play, M*A*S*H*, rehearse. Photo by Audrey Perry.

By Meg Boedeker |LHS News|

For years, Lincoln High has hosted an event, organized by the Theatre Board at LHS, bringing almost 100 students from here and sometimes other schools within LPS together. Lincoln High’s Theatre-A-Thon is taking place this year from January 12 to January 13, from 8 a.m. to 8 a.m. in the Black Box Theatre, and it’s an event you won’t want to miss.

Started many years ago by John Heineman, Theatre-A-Thon aims to raise money for the Theatre Department through 24-hour fun.

“Students attend workshops, play theatre games, listen to guest speakers, work on Tech Theatre for the musical, watch movies, play video games, eat junk food, rehearse roles, take an LHS Ghost Walk and even attend a basketball game,” Theatre Director Justin Holbein said. 

The cost to participate in all of that fun is$25, and students can find a sponsor to pay that fee or can pay it themselves.

To sign up, pick up a form in front of room 302 or 217 and fill it out. Have your parent sign it and turn in the form and the money to either Holbein, junior Carter Yost, or junior Jackson Mikkelsen.

About the Writer
Meg Boedeker, Managing Editor

Hello! I’m Meg Boedeker, a junior at LHS and the Managing Editor of The Advocate. I’ve been part of the staff for two years now, and I help to take pictures, write stories, edit, and even work on some design aspects of the printed paper.

Outside of The Advocate, I am the President of Lincoln High’s Key Club, a volunteer organization, a graduate of Youth Leadership Lincoln XXI, and I also play tennis for Lincoln High. In my free time, I love to cook and try to come up with my own recipes from scratch.