LinksLive! The LHS News Broadcast 8/16/19

Welcome to LinksLive! the Lincoln High Morning Show. We’ll keep you up to date on everything happening at The High including sports scores, announcements, and other things you need to know throughout the school year! 

This program was produced as part of the Broadcast Journalism class at Lincoln High School.  

LinksLive! S1:E3 – 8/16/19

Cast:
Jacob Vanderford – Co-Anchor
Avalena Baird – Co-Anchor
Tyler Schumacher – Camera/Production Manager
Alex Martin – Studio Manager
Sara Almusawy – Reporter
Mark Larson – LHS Principal
Greg Keller – Adviser 

[Transcript] 

FRIDAY, AUG. 16, 2019

LinksLive!

Good morning, Lincoln High! Welcome to LINKS LIVE! The Lincoln High Morning Show. 

I’m Jacob Vanderford

And I’m Avalena Baird

You might already have noticed that it’s Music Friday today. The office will be playing a variety of music during passing periods. If you figure out the THEME for the day, you could win a prize! Fill out the Google form to submit your guess. The Jump Code is OMY7

If you have a problem with your ID, such as you’ve lost it, it’s missing an athletic pass you paid for or had a fee waiver approved for, missing a bar code, etc. You need to complete the google form using the jump code: Y7O7 ASAP. We will try to have the ID’s fixed by Monday. Thank you for your patience.

Seniors! Think it’s too soon to be thinking about the ACT? 

57% of students who take the ACT a second time increase their scores by 1 to 2 points! The deadline to register for the September 14th ACT is TODAY (August 16th). Go to ACT.org to register NOW!. 

The December 14th ACT date is your last chance to test and receive scores in time for most scholarship applications.

Any Junior or Senior interested in Work Experience credit must sign up by Friday, Aug. 16, that’s today. You must already have a job. This is a great way to earn credits if you are already working. There will be a short meeting next Tuesday, Aug. 20 at 2:15 in room 212 to get your contract and other information.  Take advantage of the opportunity and sign up by TODAY, FRIDAY, Aug. 16. You will sign up on your Chromebook using the jump code: BHYN 

Anyone from last year’s HOSA, check your email for information regarding Leadership opportunities for this year & application information.  Applications are due Monday at 3pm! See Mrs. Beck in S133 or Margaux [MARGO] Cruz with questions.

Grab and Go Breakfasts are available from 7:30 am until 8 am. by the health office room 110 and in the math office hallway between north and south buildings. A link to the Breakfast and Lunch menus is located on the LHS Daily News tab on The Advocate Online website at LHSAdvocate.com

Any athletes still interested in running cross-country this year should see Coach Rettig, Coach Bax, or Coach Manhart about becoming a member of the team as soon as possible.

Lincoln High’s Community Learning Center will be offering many of the same amazing after school opportunities, but we also have some new programs.  Check out the current opportunities online under the Activities tab on the LHS website or stop by the Family Resource Center (room 201) and chat with Chelsea Egenberger, the CLC director. 

A new after-school activity is coming to Lincoln High. Magic The Gathering is a popular, competitive card game played by 20 million people worldwide. Players compete against each other by using cards to cast spells and summon creatures to defeat their opponent. Never played before? No problem! New players are welcome to come and learn the game. We will provide decks and cards for you. The Magic The Gathering after-school program is beginning next week, Monday August 19th, at 3:15pm in room 104. Please contact Chelsea Egenberger in Room 201 with any questions.

Attention Speech Team VARSITY members: There will be a meeting next Monday after school in Room 302.   

Next week is a big week for LHS Theatre! Tuesday will be the first tech theatre informational meeting to ask questions and sign-up for the Fall Show. 

Join us on Wednesday for our Theatre Kickoff right after school to ask questions and see how you can get involved! 

Improv Auditions will be next Thursday August, 22, and Variety Show auditions are Friday, August 23, starting right after school as well. 

Don’t miss out on your chance to audition for the fall play, Dracula:  A Comic Thriller Starring Shirley Holmes and Jennie Watson. Auditions will be held on August 26th, and 27th from 3:30 to 6:30 in the Ted Sorensen Theatre.  Sign up and audition forms are outside the Tech Room, room 217

Sign up forms for Technical Crews and Training are also on the Tech Room Doors Room 217 or contact Tech Theatre Reps Alex Martin, Olivia Haller or Mr. Holbein for more information or just stop by the Tech Room.

The library is open this week from 7:30 am until 4:30 pm. Extended hours start on Monday, August 19th.

Remember, if you’re a student who drives: the new teacher lot, on the north side of the building is for LHS STAFF ONLY. The spots are painted with numbers in the 800s. Please park in the student lot along Capitol Parkway so teachers may use their assigned parking spots. Thanks!

Staff please remember to have your staff hangtag in the car or you may get a ticket.  If you need a hangtag, please see Julie Potter.

Hi, this is Sara Almusawy, and next we have principal Mark Larson to talk about the new tardy policy. 

And on the lunch menu today, we have:

French Toast Sticks with Sausage Links or Cheese Sticks
Personal Hamburger Pizza
Hot & Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Chef Salad or Meatless Chef Salad
Sweet Peas
Romaine Lettuce Salad
Assorted Fruit
and a Roll

That’s all we have for today, thanks for watching our broadcast, and we’ll see you again next time on.. LINKS LIVE!