LinksLive! The LHS News Broadcast 8/19/19

Welcome to LinksLive! the Lincoln High Morning Show. We’ll keep you up to date on everything happening at The High including sports scores, announcements, and other things you need to know throughout the school year! 

This program was produced as part of the Broadcast Journalism class at Lincoln High School.  

LinksLive! S1:E4 – 8/19/19

Cast:
Rodrigo Munoz – Co-Anchor
Angelina O’Malley – Co-Anchor
Tyler Schumacher – Sports Reporter
Alex Martin – Studio Manager
Greg Keller – Adviser 

MONDAY, AUG. 19, 2019

Good morning, Lincoln High! Welcome to LINKS LIVE! The Lincoln High Morning Show. 

I’m Rodrigo Munoz. 

And I’m Angelina O’Malley

Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. If you have an interest in any of these fields or are looking to have a future in STEM you need to come to Boston this summer! This trip will be four STEM packed days with hands-on experiences including robotics and activities in MIT’s labs. Please bring your parents/guardians to the informational meeting on Thursday at 6:30pm in room S233.  

The Media Center is open for Extended Hours starting TODAY after school until 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and until  4:30 on Friday. 

NOW LET’S GO TO  TYLER SCHUMACHER WITH LINCOLN HIGH SPORTS

This week in sports we have girl’s varsity golf teeing off in the Lincoln East Invitational to start their season on Thursday! 

Also on Thursday Varsity, JV, and Reserve Softball face off against Lincoln Southeast at Doris Bair Softball Complex. Varsity starts the busy evening at 5pm! Friday Night Lights are back! 

This Friday at 6pm LHS Football has their annual open scrimmage at 6pm at Beechner Field! 

Varsity Softball is on the road on Friday and Saturday at Omaha Bryan! Saturday morning Cross Country is at Pioneers Park for their time trials. A full schedule of every sport can be found at lhs.lps.org

This is Tyler Schumacher with LHS Sports. Now back to Rodrigo and Angel in the studio

If you have any problems with your IDs, you need to complete the google form using the jump code: Y7O7 ASAP. They should have the ID’s fixed by Friday. Thank you for your patience.

Any Junior or Senior interested in Work Experience There will be a short meeting TOMORROW Tuesday, Aug. 20 at 2:15 in room 212 to get your contract and other information.  

Anyone from last year’s HOSA, Applications for leadership opportunities are due TODAY at 3pm! See Mrs. Beck in S133 or Margaux  Cruz with questions.

Need to fuel up before class? Grab-n-go breakfasts are available by the health office room 110 or in the math office hallway near the pool from 7:30 to 8 a.m. every day.  Just scan and go. 

The Magic The Gathering after-school program is beginning TODAY, Monday August 19th, at 3:15pm in room 104. See Chelsea Egenberger in Room 201 with any questions.

Join us THIS Wednesday for our Theatre Kickoff right after school to  in the black box (room 216) and see how you can get involved in LHS Theatre. 

Improv Auditions are this Thursday August, 22nd, and Variety Show auditions are Friday, August 23, starting right after school. 

Tech Theatre starts tomorrow and every week Tuesday through Thursday from 3-5. 

Remember, the teacher lot, on the north side of the building is for LHS STAFF ONLY. The spots are painted with numbers in the 800s. Please park in the student lot along Capitol Parkway so teachers may use their assigned parking spots. Thanks!

Today’s After school Opportunities:

– CityLight High in Room 100M

-Joven Noble in Room 116

– Latina Leaders in Room 114

– Life After High School in Room 100L

– Magic the Gathering in Room 104

– Homework Zone including English and Math tutoring in the Media Center

All students MUST Be in a supervised activity by 3:15pm. You will need a pass if arriving after this time. Once students leave the building, they will not be able to reenter.

For more information, please visit the After School Opportunities page on the Family Resource Center website:

[ https://padlet.com/LHSFamilyResource/AfterSchool]

THIS  Wednesday August 21st is the Lincoln High Link UP event, from 6-7pm, followed by the Open House, from 7-8:30pm. Open House is a great opportunity for students and families to connect with Lincoln High teachers, staff, and community partners!

During Open House you can drop by West Gym where the Booster Club will be offering a hot dog, chips and a drink for $3. And the Links Gear Store will be open.

The Boosters are also looking for volunteers to work concessions at Memorial Stadium this season. Please go to lhslinks.org for more information and to sign up.

And on the lunch menu today, we have:

Popcorn Chicken, Cheeseburger on Bun, or a Chef Salad

MEATLESS ENTRÉEs are Garlic French Bread Pizza with Marinara Sauce

Meatless Chef Salad with a Croissant

That’s all we have for today, thanks for watching our broadcast, and we’ll see you again next time on.. LINKS LIVE!