LinksLIVE! The LHS News Broadcast 8/21/2020

8/21/2020

Good morning and welcome to LinksLIVE! on this Friday, August 21st 2020. I’m Sophia Delaney and B and C group students are in the building today. 

The Media Center is running normal hours after school: Open from dismissal until 4:30pm on Fridays, which is today, and from dismissal until 6pm from Monday through Thursday. 

A Parent or Guardian signed waiver form MUST be completed in order for students to participate in CLC programming including the Homework Zone in the Media Center, the Free Dinner Program, and various after school groups.  This waiver can be completed online using Jump Code BAYM once again, that’s BAYM. This must be completed to participate next week!

Printed waivers can also be picked up in the Family Resource Center room 201 or the Media Center and are available in Arabic, English, Karen, Russian, Spanish & Vietnamese. 

LHS CLC GROUPS will start after labor day and will include Zoom/Remote options!

Students can also complete the CLC General Enrollment form to tell us more about their interests, how CLC can support them, and how to stay connected during the school year. Students can find this form at Jump Code: Y2PN, that’s Y2PN 

The CLC GROUP SPECIFIC Enrollment form is being finished up and will be released this coming week. Students will NEED to enroll to participate in CLC Groups.

To stay up-to-date on CLC opportunities, resources, and community information please join the LHS CLC Google Classroom using class code: PAKWELP, that’s PAKWELP,  and check out our website at www.civicnebraska.org/lhs

Please reach out to School Community Coordinator Chelsea Egenberger in the Community Resource Center, room 201,  if you have any questions, comments, suggestions or thoughts!

Attention all Art students from last semester! We want to reunite you with your artwork. Please find your art teacher after school TODAY and claim your work–this includes paintings, drawings, ceramic and jewelry pieces. Any artwork left after today will have to be sadly discarded to make room for the new work. 

Attention Juniors and Seniors, if you want to be a part of the work experience class, please go to Jump Code BHYN again, that’s BHYN.  You can get upto 10 credits per semester! See Ms Carlson with any questions!

Auditions for the Fall Show “Much Ado About Nothing” by William Shakespeare are coming soon and all are welcome to join.  There will be speaking and non-speaking roles.  Auditions are next Monday, August 24 and Tuesday, August 25. Sign up for an audition time outside room 219 and come with a 10 line prepared or well rehearsed monologue from any Shakespeare Comedy play. You can get all the information you need from the After School Google Classroom Code 4LOXNI6. For questions please see Ms. Thomas.  In the morning you can find her in 301 and in the afternoons in the 216 theatre area. 

Today on the lunch menu you’ll find: French toast sticks with sausage links, Mexipizza, cheese sticks and blackbean salsa burger along with chef salad and meatless chef salad, all with a roll -along with other daily favorites.

Thank you for watching and we’ll see you next week on LinksLIVE!