Hallway Sweeps Make Their Way Back to LHS

Screenshot+from+an+April+11th++PBiS+lesson+on+Tardy+Sweeps+demonstrating+correct+and+incorrect+behaviors+in+the+hallways.+

Screenshot from an April 11th PBiS lesson on Tardy Sweeps demonstrating correct and incorrect behaviors in the hallways.

By April Tran –

On Tuesday, April 18th, 2017, Lincoln High School officially brought back the dreaded Hallway Tardy Sweep.  An email was sent out over the weekend by Associate Principal Josh Lupher to teachers, the entire student body, parents, faculty, and staff stating:

“Beginning next week, we will be conducting random hallway sweeps.  Students who are found in the hallways, without a pass, will be caught in the sweep.  The first time a student is caught, a parent will be contacted and the student will be taken to class.  The second time a student is caught, he/she will be sent home for the remainder of the day.  A parent meeting will be required before the student returns to class the next day.  If you have any questions, please see your administrator.”

On Tuesday, during 7th period, the first sweep took place, and several students were caught. We will continue to update this story after the second sweep occurs.

The goal of these hallway sweeps are to lower the number of students who are often tardy or truant as well as to prevent students from sitting in hallways unattended during class time.  The big question is, will this new “policy” work?  And an even bigger question is, how do students and staff feel about the new version of hallway sweeps?

Be a part of the discussion and fill out our survey–https://docs.google.com/a/class.lps.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSchMpFdRtA23XndgtlUgtiAeL7feiNJ6lGvM6UZHa5IvX4Q-Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

Follow us on Twitter: @LHSAdvocate

and on Instagram: @LinksNewspaper