LHS scoundrels take to the stage

Lincoln+High+hosts+the+annual+Theatre+Festival+this+Tuesday%2C+Nov.+21%2C+2017.+Schools+from+all+over+Nebraska+will+come+to+present+their+One+Acts+to+get+feedback+before+districts+and+state.+

Lincoln High hosts the annual Theatre Festival this Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017. Schools from all over Nebraska will come to present their One Acts to get feedback before districts and state.

By Sara Balter-|Brief|-

It’s play festival season at LHS!

The annual Lincoln High Theatre Festival competition is back, on Tuesday, Nov. 21, for another day of chaos and drama.

Theater teams from all across the state are coming to preform plays that are only one act long. The event will be hosted in the Ted Sorensen Theater, and begin at 7:00 a.m. The first team to preform, in the competition, is in fact the LHS theater. They will be preforming a play called, “Skinflints and Scoundrels.”

“This may be one of busiest times of the year,” Theater director Justin Holbein said. “But it is also an enjoyable time of the year. Not only are we getting ready to present a play for competition, but we get the honor of hosting the Lincoln High School play festival, where teams from around the state visit LHS to present their plays.”

Students who are involved with the LHS one act must come to school on Tuesday, Nov. 21, by 6:30 wearing all black. Actors must wear black long sleeve shirts and students involved with tech may wear their black shirts if they have received them.

After performing, LHS students will assist other schools for the rest of the day by directing them to the theatre and practice areas, as well as helping unload equipment and sets.