Informing the Lincoln High community since 1895

The Advocate

Breaking News

The Advocate

The Advocate

You’ll be “Enchanted” to meet This “Gorgeous” course at UNK

The University of Nebraska Kearney has decided to offer a short, online course regarding the world’s most streamed artist: Taylor Swift.

This course inside UNK’s English department will be eight weeks long and entirely online. The course has been described as “fast paced and moving through each subject quickly” according to Lily Roby, a reporter at UNK’s The Antelope.

Some things this course will cover are Swift’s career, and other related topics, such as gender, privacy, copyright, and culture. Roby reported that the goal of the course is to reach outside of the usual literature topics, and branch out into something Generation Z will possibly have more interest in.

“It really is for everyone” Sadlek said when asked who the course is for. She further explained that the offered course will be for people who don’t know anything about Swift and “don’t understand what the hype is about.” 

The poster for this course describes that the class examines Swift as a musician, poet, and global media phenomenon. The course also discusses the questions Swift’s story asks us, questions about privacy, fandom, authenticity, and more.

The course will be offered in the fall of 2024. If you have any further questions regarding the course, contact Dr. Amanda Sladek, at her email sladekam@unk.edu.