What Now? LHS to host TEDxYouthLincoln

By Riana Lurice Dazon –

By now we’ve all seen a TED talk or two either in classrooms or through our own browsing. Have you ever imagined yourself on the stage speaking to an audience?  Do you have any thoughts on local or global issues that you want to speak about? Now’s your chance.

Speaker and talent application open February 27th. Applications due April 15th at noon. Apply at TEDxLincoln.com

TEDxYouthLincoln is hosting their third TED event at Lincoln High School in the Ted Sorensen Theatre on August 19, 2017 at 1 p.m., and they’re looking for speakers.  Applications are due by April 15th at noon.

According to their website, TEDxYouthLincoln is a series of events held under the umbrella for the TEDxLincoln team. Independently licensed, they look for young people in college, high school, and middle school for the next generation of ideas.

Lincoln High students have been involved in both on stage and behind the scenes through TEDxYouth@Lincoln. Talks from Junior Lilia Fromm and a slam poetry performance from the Lincoln High School Slam Poetry Team are a few of those who were involved in this event in the past.

The format this time will consist of short, carefully prepared talks, demonstrations, and performances on a broad range of subjects relating to the theme, “What Now?” to foster learning and inspiration. Interactive activities and areas to congregate will be used to provoke conversations that matter.

The theme “What Now?” is broad and can relate to many number of subjects – whether it is in technology, education, the humanities, and much more. Want to share your ideas that can change the world? Want to inspire others, or change the perception of someone else?

Speaker and talent applications opened on February 27th, and they are due on April 15th at 12 p.m. To find out more, apply at TEDxLincoln.com