Informing the Lincoln High community since 1895

The Advocate

The Advocate

The Advocate

LHS celebrates 100 years on J Street with Open House event

Lincoln High School during the fall of the 2015 school year.

This Sunday afternoon, March 29, from 2 to 4 p.m., LHS will host an Open House to celebrate the past 100 year history of the building.

“We hope to have lots of LHS families at this event, and we hope the current LHS staff members will pass the word along to others and to invite anyone that you think would be interested,” Principal Mike Wortman said in an email to staff.

During the Open House, classrooms will be open so that alums can have a chance to see what the classrooms are like today. Student work will also be on display around the building, and staff members will be available to answer questions and direct visitors.

Ed Zimmer, Lincoln Board of Education member and the city’s Historic Preservation Planner will have presentations at 2:15 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. about the school’s history in Ted Sorensen Theatre.

Tours will be conducted from 2-4 p.m. and will include displays and exhibits with students dressed in the styles of the different generations.

There will be refreshments and opportunities to share Lincoln High memories.

Lincoln High is located at 2229 J. Street in Lincoln, Nebraska. For more information, call (402) 436-1301.

View Comments (1)