The Advocate

Are you ready to seize the day? LHS musical production Newsies debuts tonight

Back to Article
Back to Article

Members of the Newsies cast pose during rehearsal on January 17th, 2019. Photo by Advocate Staff

By Neive Rodriguez

LHS’s long-awaited musical production Newsies premieres Thursday, January 21st at 7 p.m. with a following show Friday night (also at 7 p.m.) and Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. 

Because of the snow day yesterday, last night’s rehearsal was rescheduled to tonight, meaning the cast will preform their school performance, have rehearsal, and their 7 p.m. show tonight. 

The original Newsies production was released in 1992 by Walt Disney Pictures and has remained a favorite since then, meaning tickets won’t be around for long. They are available from a cast member, and they will be sold before each show in front of the Ted Sorenson Theatre for $5.

Tryouts for the production were held in December of 2018 for spots in the cast and in the musical pit, and rehearsals have been held every day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.

About the Writer
Neive Rodriguez, Reporter

Hi, my name is Neive Rodriguez and I’m a pre-IB sophomore at Lincoln High. This is my first year working on The Advocate. I participate in cross country,...