Informing the Lincoln High community since 1895

The Advocate

Breaking News

The Advocate

The Advocate

Class of 2024 Graduation speakers announced

Lincoln High School announces speakers to be featured at this year’s commencement ceremonies.
Photo by Will West
Graduation Speaker Jena Forlemu addresses commencement attendees at the 2023 LHS Graduation ceremony.
Reading Time: < 1 minute

Lincoln High School taff have announced the final slate of speakers for the graduation ceremony in May. There were a dozen seniors who auditioned for the four spots, reserved for the speakers to bid their fond farewells to the staff and students of Lincoln High School.

The selection committee for speakers consisted of teachers Laura Aten, Brian Goodbrake, Victoria Freeman and Will West, and they were tasked with choosing three speakers and one Master of Ceremonies.

“It was a difficult choice, many students have great, touching stories that really point out the diversity and the excellence that we have here at Lincoln High School” said West, a nine-year veteran teacher at Lincoln High School. “We had some tough decisions because everyones’ stories were so passionate and deserve to be told.”

The slate consists of seniors Sofia Caruso, Eh Taw, and Sara Bilew, who were selected as speakers, and senior Ali Waly who was selected to be the MC for the event.

Commencement ceremonies for Lincoln High School take place on Saturday, May 25th at 3:00pm at Pinnacle Bank Arena, located at 400 Pinnacle Arena Drive, in Lincoln and will be LiveStreamed on the Lincoln Public Schools homepage.

For more information on commencement ceremonies for Lincoln High School and other LPS Schools, visit: home.lps.org/graduation.

updated 5/4/2024 – 20:38